Transfer tape tips
When using vinyl and looking to transfer cut-out designs onto a wall or other smooth surface, transfer paper is strongly recommended. Transfer paper is used to transfer vinyl images from the vinyl’s backing onto the desired wall or other surface without having to manually remove each cut-out vinyl piece by hand and try to align them perfectly.
Once you have vinyl and transfer paper, you may proceed with the following steps:
- Cut the vinyl design with the Silhouette
- Weed (or peel) away excess vinyl that is not part of the design
- Place the transfer paper over the vinyl image
- Rub firmly over the top of the transfer paper
- Carefully remove the backing from the vinyl, exposing the vinyl’s adhesive while leaving the transfer paper in place
- Place the design onto the desired surface
- Press down firmly with a flat-edged tool (such as the Scrapper Tool) over the entire design to affix it to the intended surface
- Peel away the transfer paper
As the transfer paper is peeled away, the vinyl design will stay in place.