How To Connect Bluetooth for Portrait 2
In order to set up Bluetooth® connectivity with the Portrait 2, please first ensure that your Portrait 2 notes “Bluetooth® Included” on the front of the Portrait 2 box (rather than just “Bluetooth® Compatible”). The “Included” notation indicates that a Bluetooth® adapter is included and installed in your Portrait 2 whereas “Compatible” indicates there is a port for a Bluetooth® adapter, but one is not included.
You will also need to ensure your computer or device has Bluetooth 4.0 support. Computers or devices not equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 support cannot properly use the Bluetooth® communication option. You can click here to check your computer. Please note that an LMP of 6.0 or above indicates the presence of the Bluetooth 4.0 protocol.
Once you have confirmed your Portrait 2 machine has a Bluetooth® adapter and that your computer or device is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 capability, you may do the following to ensure the Bluetooth® feature is enabled.
Enable Bluetooth on the Portrait 2 machine:
- Power on the Portrait 2
- Press the Bluetooth button
- A blue light next to the Bluetooth button will indicate that Bluetooth is on
Connect via Silhouette Studio v4 or above:
- Select Send in the upper right
- Bluetooth should automatically scan and connect to your machine
Connection should establish and you will see that your machine is “Ready” in the software.
The Silhouette Portrait® Bluetooth® Edition model comes with a Bluetooth® adapter installed. While other Silhouette Portrait 2 models offered in various markets and parts of the world do not include a pre-installed Bluetooth® adapter, they are still Bluetooth® compatible and can have a 3rd party adapter installed.
If you wish to communicate wirelessly via Bluetooth® using a Bluetooth compatible Portrait 2 model (adapter not included), you can obtain a third-party Bluetooth® adapter wihich meets the requirements below:
- Size: The measurements of the recommended adapter cannot exceed the above dimensions. However, either measurement can be smaller.
- Type: The chip type for the Bluetooth® adapter must be the following CSR chip.CSR8510 A10Other Bluetooth adapters with alternate chipsets will not work with the Portrait 2.
At this time, we do not have any specific recommendations for Bluetooth adapters that may be compatible with our machines.