Graphics card update instructions
Some PC computers (even if they may be newer) may have concerns running the Silhouette Studio® program if an older or incompatible graphics card driver is in use. The graphics card driver for your computer is the component that displays images on your screen. Since the Silhouette Studio® software uses a special programming language for cutting information, this may require some users to update the graphics card driver.
An older driver may cause concerns with the program crashing upon start up, encountering display issues, or causing the program to run slowly.
Perform the following steps to update the graphics card driver:
- Go to your Start Menu
- Right-click on Computer
- Click on the Manage option
- Click on Device Manager
(Skip to step 5 below)
- Place your mouse cursor in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
- Go to the Search option
- Select to search for Settings
- Search for and select to run Device Manager
(Proceed to step 5 below)
Once you are in the Device Manager, proceed with the following steps:
- Click on ‘Display Adaptors’
- Click on the adaptor in the list
- When the adaptor window is displayed, click on the Driver tab
- Click on Update Driver
If the graphics driver type is already known, the user may alternately go to the associated website:
- NVidia – click here
- Intel – click here (Near the top left of page is a button labeled ‘Run Intel Driver Utility’)
Follow the prompts listed to update. Once updated, re-start the computer.