Mac Catalina 64-bit Update
With Apple’s latest operating system update, Catalina 10.15, they have recently transitioned to a 64-bit only application support. A 64-bit version of Silhouette Studio is currently available on our website.
Please visit software page to download the Current Version of Silhouette Studio.
Other Silhouette software programs, such as Mint Studio and Silhouette Connect, are currently 32-bit and we are working to release an update to 64-bit support soon.
If you are continuing to receive an error when launching the software, this is likely due to the recent Mac Operating System update and changes to the Apple firewall software, Gatekeeper. To bypass this message:
- Open the Applications Folder
- Locate the Silhouette Studio application
- Right-click the application
- Select Open
- You may be prompted for your Apple Admin password
If you cannot complete these steps, or they are not successful, you can proceed to Allow Silhouette Studio through this firewall system with the following steps:
- Select the Apple icon in the upper-left corner
- Click System Preferences
- Click Security & Privacy
- Select the General tab
- You may need to click the lock and enter your password to make changes.
- Under the header “Allow apps downloaded from.” click Open Anyway
- Select Silhouette Studio
- Click Open
For more information, please visit Apple support